Tuesday, September 11, 2007

cocoon

cocoon
We found this cocoon atached to my basil plant. I don't know why I didn't just leave him where he was, but not thinking I brought him into the house to watch his transformation. You can see the little green worm through the silk on the other side of the cocoon. I'm excited to see what changes are going to happen. Everyday Jack wants to check the progress too, he swears he can see the wings forming right before his eyes. I let him know it might take a little while and he moans a little, wanting to see the magic now.

4 comments:

Renee said...

What a cool thing to watch.

Michelle (a.k.a. la vie en rose) said...

super cool!

Anonymous said...

oooooeoeeeeeeooooo please post pics of what happens!!! how neat for the kids to see, i actually had hoped i would find something similar this summer but no luck.

tracey clark said...

random comment here-

How long does it take, do you know? We've had one too but it's been in it's cooon for weeks. I pray it's not dead! It looks like yours but it's wrapped in a dead leaf. We're all waiting patiently.

Any thoughts?