Friday, September 24, 2010

Rocky
Rocky and I are at odds. He thinks he can run all over me and get away with it, and I think I can boss him around and get away with it and neither of us are right. I love this little guy but he is a pain in my butt most days. He screams at me, and publicly throws insanely loud tantrums that leave me sweaty and stunned. He tells his brother and sister to shut up on a regular basis and tells me he is going to punch me in the heart frequently. He is not like Jack and Stella in any way when they were this age. He's a little mischievous elf version of them. Sneaking punches when your not looking. Like I said I love this little guy. yes I do. Sometimes I have to repeat it like a mantra I love him I love him I love him to drown out any other words that might be bubbling up to the surface. He has his sweet points, he'll hug me spontaneously and still wants to cuddle with me at night. He's cute and has a sweet voice and loves animals. Sometimes he hurts animals too, but that's just sometimes so we won't count that. Anyway I love him I love him I love him even though he made me chase him all over the school parking lot dodging cars this morning while dropping off Jack and Stella, screaming like a mad woman for him to please please stop, he didn't listen so I ran until he stopped running and then I told him if he did that again he would be in his room for the rest of his life. He started crying. Yea I exaggerated, I just didn't' know what else to say. Anyway it's all over now, it's a new day and we are about to go to the grocery store. I hope it goes well, there is always that chance.

3 comments:

Helen said...

look at little Rocky. He's got that mischevious smile..

vickie said...

oh man i feel for you so. i have a challenging little guy too who's 7 and sounds a lot like this. my fiends have little angels..i feel like a freek. so so challenging. thanks for posting because there are moms like me out here listening and feeling not so alone right now.

m kim said...

luckily though, he's an angel when he's hanging with other people! i.e. us! :) My Z has such a bad reputation.... but he's learning...