Monday, May 18, 2009

pool for dolls
My days have been filled with naked kids and clothes line forts. I clean up muddy foot tracks through the house almost every day. They can't seem to remember to wipe their feet. They run in in a frenzy excited, looking for the perfect toy for whatever game they are playing. Frequently the bathrooms sinks are converted into mini pools for Barbie and Strawberry Shortcake. Rocky and Stella make good playmates.
fort
I'm reading through Revelations like it's a science fiction novel. Page after page of things I can picture, but don't quite get. I do laundry, and dishes, and check the computer frequently for new foreclosures that may have come up on the market. We are house hunting and it's exciting. Right now Jack is washing the mud off of himself. Rocky and Stella are eating strawberry's naked at the kitchen table. I congratulate myself that they are not ON the kitchen table. Our days are simple and full. We are up early and enjoy the greeting the chirping birds give us. Sometimes I'm able to just stop and listen and turn my mind off and just be happy. This does not come easy to me despite having a wonderful life. Lately though I've been able to push the heavy stone off my chest and breathe. I know it will come back and I'm OK with that, I've learned to live with it there and thrive. I do welcome this reprieve though. Life is good today.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

happy for you!

Helen said...

beautiful.

TheOrganicSister said...

LOL Oh I love it!! Good days. :)

~Tara

beth said...

these are the best shots I have seen in a long time !

Amy said...

Heavy stone bye bye, the fort is so much better...

jenica said...

our lives are simple and full.
beautiful.

xoxo