Friday, February 13, 2009
* Jack's excitement about my artist friend Maritza's art class each week.
* The kids actually listened to me and stayed in their room this morning until 7am playing. It's something new were trying so I don't have to start my day with the older two at 5:30am every day.
* An understanding compassionate husband.
* Oatmeal with nuts and berries.
* Bird watching and listening in the backyard yesterday. The kids were engaged and excited.
* This quote "“The world and its complex terrible wonderful webs of civilization are far bigger and older than our nineteenth-century factory-style compulsory schooling system. There is room for all kinds of people–those who love books, and those who’d rather build things and take them apart all day, not just for an hour in woodshop or autoshop. There’s room for those who would rather wander dreaming on a glacier, and perhaps awaken the rest of us with some truthful words in the tradition of Thoreau, Ed Abbey, Annie Dillard. There’s room for those who want to make lasagna and french bread an apple pie all day. None of these callings are better or worse than others. None mean failure as a human being, but they may likely cause “failure” in a dull system that never asked you to be a part of it in the first place.”
* Homeschool Valentines day party we had on Tuesday. Good friends, pink crafts, candy, valentine exchange.
* Lip gloss.