Friday, October 31, 2008

Grateful Friday

witch
- We had a really fun Halloween party for our homeschool group. I loved that some of my friends came dressed up. The witch is my friend Helen who terrified Jack for the first 1/2 hour of the party until she showed him her hair under her hat and wig.
- Healthy muffins. You know the kind that are thick and a bit dry. I like them, I like to warm them up and put honey and jam on them. I like that I can drink them with coffee and that they are good for me.
- Going to bed early. I'm grateful sound sleep. There have been many times in my life (3 pregnancy's, 3 nursing sleepless babies) that sleep has not been good. It is now and I'm grateful.
- Hand me down clothes for my kids from my friend Maritza. My kids have grown up in other peoples clothes and we are so thankful.
- Next Tuesday. Democracy. Voting. Change.
- Friends who will cry on your shoulder.
- Blackberry Jam. I love it.

3 comments:

Amy said...

Thank YOU for being the shoulder. You helped me change the whole energy of our path yesterday. We, I, are so grateful to you and your family. I just love you.

marz said...

hey you, I wonder if you think I don't check your blog as often? I get it on google reader now :). Anyway I love your grateful posts. Your muffin one makes me think of the ones you made for me, and I DEVOURED those puppies (sounds ghoulish to say it that way.) Z loved Helen's getup. Kept saying "Hi wit-th!" Cute. I love seeing Rockie in those clothes. Like the 3rd boy I'll never have, ha ha. I am glad you are the friend who knows the path I am on right now. The hard path. :)

Helen said...

Geez, that lady gives me the chills :)

Yes..sleep. A good thing.