Wednesday, March 26, 2008

DSC03962
Today, right now, I'm nursing Rocky, and typing and listening to Amos Lee. Later the kids and I will head outside to soak in the sun, dig in the garden/dirt patch, and eat lots and lots of snackes.
DSC03967
We will read some books. I'll try and start kniting my second leg warmer, and maybe fit some reading in. We'll do some counting, and lots of bug hunting.
DSC03966
The kids will play Polly Pockets and I'll make some biscuits to go with dinner. John will come home and we'll drink some wine with dinner, put the kids down and then talk. There is a flow to our days now that I can predict. I love my days, even those that are filled with insecurities and mistakes. I look at the whole of my life as it is right now and am pleased. Sometimes I'm not able to step back and see and be happy, but today I am, and it feels good.

6 comments:

Renee said...

That's good to hear. Sounds like you've achieved some of that 'balance' that I'm always trying to get. I feel like I'll never get there.

Amy said...

Just reading this left me feeling warm, content, happy. A lovely gift.

Anonymous said...

sounds wonderful, that simple flow of your days....and i think how I would love to be able to be home with my kids as much as it has its own challenges...whoa. for those mamas that have the option i am happy. to be able to dig in the dirt every day while they run and play around me wowwww, have a fun thursday

marz said...

Sounds idyllic! Having a rhythm is always comforting. Don't long daylight hours help? I think so!

Anonymous said...

I love this blog.

xo

R/

jenica said...

amen sister. it's pure, warm contentment isn't it? like ocean waves hitting the shore, you know what to expect. things happen that surprise us, waves that crash much louder than expected, but the majority of the time is spent listening to the sweet sounds of it all.

*sigh*