Tuesday, December 18, 2007

weekend gone bad

sick Stella
Our plan to leave Saturday morning to go spend the weekend in Sacramento ended Friday night when Stella woke up covered in vomit. An couple hours later Jack started throwing up. Fevers and many changes of clothes and trips to the bathroom followed.
sick
Saturday afternoon Rocky joined in on the fun, covering his daddy with little baby boy puke. Ohhhh the smells we smelled, the various body fluids we had sprayed upon us, it was all really a little to much.
sick
Sunday night I felt left out so I took my turn locked in the bathroom. It really amazes me that kids seem to handle nasuea and throwing up as well as they do. I literally walk around the house whimpering, on the verge of tears constantly. Anyway John wasn't left out he got sick just a few hours after I did. We spent all of Monday in misery. I'm still not feeling great, but at least I'm still in my pj's, and not in a suit and tie like John. The bright side, it hit all of us at once and is not spread out over the course of two weeks. We can move on now to a happy Christmas week.

10 comments:

Tara said...

Hi Heather,

Loyal reader here. Love your blog.

You guys are super family to get through five illnesses in one weekend! Whew! I'm in awe.

jenica said...

you said it well, at least it all happened at once. but it is still never fun.

i'm the same way about throwing up. i can't handle it. i sweat, cry, shake, drool. it just ain't pretty. but the kids... they just take it like a man (except that my hubs doesn't even *take it like a man*) go figure.

Anonymous said...

aww. i hope you guys are stupendously healthy for Christmas!

Helen said...

Oh my goodness!!! I hope you all feel better soon, no fun.

Paul went through this, starting on Sunday and so far no one else has caught it (fingers crossed)

Anonymous said...

Wow what a crazy weekend. Nothing worse that being sick. And it's especially bad when you're throwing up. Let's pray that's the end of it and you'll enjoy the rest of 2007 as a healthy, happy family!

Sivan said...

Awww, I'm so sorry you had to go through this! I hope you all get well soon! I'm walking around with a headache right now not knowing what to do with my self, cant imagine feeling so sick and caring for others who are sick at the same time...

kristen said...

i always seem to get sick around the holidays - you're right, at least you all got hit at once. i'm sorry your plans for the weekend were scrapped.

Renee said...

We have a stomach bug going around my area too, although (knock, knock, knock on wood) we haven't gotten it yet!

Lorissa said...

We REALLY REALLY missed you guys on Saturday...So sorry to hear you were all sick. But I'm glad it moved through so fast. At least you'll all be better by Christmas. Hope to see you soon :)

marz said...

Terrible! It has missed us so far, this bug, and I hope it stays that way. However my mom just left town, so I hafta pray, because I am just remembering we always get sick when she's gone. Ugh! :) I'm glad your Christmas was so nice, tho!