Thursday, October 11, 2007

Silly

John and Jack and Stella
I firmly believe God hooked John and I up because he is a goofball. He is silly, and uninhibited, and really really fun. I am not. I've always been very self aware, wanting to make sure I don't look more weird and silly than I already think I look. A bore right? Yes it is, I think in the last 7 years, and with the arrival of our 3 beautiful kids I am breaking more and more out of that mold and become more of a fun person. Today at the park for instance, I usually sit and read while the kids play, but today for some reason when we got there, I put my book down, checked out the equipment and told myself I was not leaving the park until I played on every single thing. It was a small park, but there was a slide, monkey bars, a climbing zig zag wall up to a platform, and a fire pole. I did them all. I almost gave up on the fire pole. It was high. I wrapped my legs around and hung on, and then quickly swung my leg back over to the platform, scared to go down. I went down the slide a bunch of times with Stella and then looked at the fire pole and decided to do it. I grabbed on and slid on down. And then I did it again and again until I wasn't scared at all. I'm proud of myself. John is a good influence on me. I know he would be cheering me on.

(I'm glad to be back. Our computer crashed, we are trying to get our files out of our old hard drive. Hundreds, maybe thousands of photo's I've taken are stuck in there. Ug!!. Thanks for your concern about the puppet getting me. I've made friends with him. He's really a nice little guy, I shouldn't have judged so quickly).

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I just love your blog Heather. I love how honest you are and that it's just simply YOU. I hope you don't mind ... I'd like to steal your grateful Friday idea. Maybe I'll do it on a different day. But I sure like the idea. It keeps things in balance!

jenica said...

i've missed your beautimous blog!

i love that pic. that's the look of glee.

that's awesome that you did the firepole. i'm too scared. you've inspired me to go and do something silly today. ;-D

thank you.

Helen said...

Sooooo glad you are back online!

Renee said...

That's great that you joined in on the playground. I try to do that too. I used to do it more with my girls (maybe b/c I was a lot younger then!), but John usually gets the short end of the stick. So I've been making an effort...

Chris said...

I know what you mean about becoming more of a fun person. I have decided to try most things once (a great fear of heights keeps me from skydiving). Last Saturday at my SIL's I rode the horses, jumped on the trampoline, drove the tractor and took the kids for a long mountain bike ride. I have pics to post once I find the charger for my camera. I enjoyed it all! It is like I am finding *me* again.