I made a mistake yesterday and bought this cool Pinocchio marionette at Goodwill. I thought we would have fun with it, and how cool to own a marionette. Anyway, so I took him home and straightened up his strings, we played with him a little bit and then I sat him on the kitchen counter when we went to bed. But then all night long I had horrible visions of this poor little orphaned doll wobbling his way around our house looking for me. Sitting in the dark nursing Rocky I imagined our new little Pinocchio tiptoeing in behind me and slashing my hamstrings, or crawling up my leg suddenly. Anyway I got up and told John the puppet had to go. But now I can't get out of my mind every scary movie I've seen involving puppets. What if I drop him off back at the Goodwill, and when I get home he's sitting back on my kitchen counter. I'm freaking myself out, really. Should I burn him? chop him up? or try and make friends with him and pretend to love him so he won't kill me? I feel troubled, yet still grateful......here's my list.
1. Stella turns 3 tomorrow
2. America's Next Top Model started
3. Seeing little rain clouds on the weather forecast
4. My long lost friend Amy calling me. After 4 years it was good to hear her voice again and catch up.
5. Our neighbor bringing over a bunch of toys for the kids
6. Getting up before the kids once this week and reading my bible. (hey they get up eary to that was quite an accomplishment)
7. A hot drink in the morning
8. John haveing a job
9. My kids like Mr. Rogers