Wednesday, August 25, 2010

first day of school

Jack
jack and stella went off to school today. The first day of 1st grade. There was lots of tears. My little guy welled up as soon as we walked into the room saying "I don't' like this room". It was sort of dim in there and there were lots of kids sitting in desks crammed together. I felt for him, because I didn't like the room either. Jack is sensitive to his surroundings. Stella clung to me and didn't want to let go. They were both pretty brave in the end though and let me go. I love them and wish I could be with them right now to see how they are doing.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

:( I hope that they have a good day. School is hard. I always thought the hardest part was not the work per say, but the acceptance of the other kids. I hope that Jack finds new friends and likes it eventually.

Heidi R. said...

:( I hope that they have a good day. School is hard. I always thought the hardest part was not the work per say, but the acceptance of the other kids. I hope that Jack finds new friends and likes it eventually.